Toothpaste eliminates bad breath and stains on teeth, restores and protects tooth enamel. However, those are not all its positives. Here are some clever uses of toothpaste you can try at home:
- Get rid of the unpleasant odors with some toothpaste. If you have cut some garlic, onion or fish, then their fragrance has probably soaked into the skin of your hands. Mix some toothpaste with salt or baking soda and rub on your hands for a minute. Then rinse with water to remove the solution;
- Polish your silver jewelry, metal straps of clocks and any items made of brass with some toothpaste. Apply a small amount of it on an old toothbrush and rub a little. Rinse thoroughly with water. If it is necessary, repeat the procedure;
- White sneakers easily smudge, especially when it comes to their soles. Apply a bit of toothpaste, rub and wipe with a cloth or rinse with water. That cleaning method is suitable even for your leather shoes;
- Toothpaste can successfully clear the ink stains on your couch, for example. So you can try that out as you rub the spot with an old toothbrush and some toothpaste on it. Scrub thoroughly and then rinse with water. The stains are too stubborn? If yes, then you’d better use professional cleaning service.
- Remove the children’s crayon drawings on the walls as you squeeze some toothpaste onto a wet rag and rub the area. If needed, use an old toothbrush to wipe the crayons from the rugged surfaces of your walls. Remove the leftover paste with a wet cloth. Rinse well and then dry the walls up;
- Toothpaste is very useful when it comes to carpet cleaning as well. Apply the paste on the stained area on your rug and rub it with an abrasive brush. After that flush with some water.
- Fix the scratches on your CDs with some toothpaste. That approach is not successful in all cases, but it is usually helpful for small and not very deep scratches. Apply a thin layer of white toothpaste, scrub a little with a soft cloth, rinse, and then dry the CDs up.
Never use toothpaste with whitening effect or any granules included! Pick a plain one and you will keep your home clean and tidy with little money and little effort!