Garra rufa fish are carp species and live in warm fresh water. Their natural environment are the rivers Tigris, Euphrates and Jordan. The discovery of their healing properties occurred accidentally in Turkey in the early 20th century, but their introduction as spa procedure comes from Japan decades later – only in the new millennium. First, the fish are used only to massage of the feet and hands, later – of the whole body. But so far to their intervention are most often subjected the feet. Learn more about this magical fish:
- In its natural environment this fish eats algae, but in contact with human skin they destroy dead epithelial cells as eating them. Fortunately there is no danger to living cells. Furthermore, they release enzymes Dithranol, thanks to which wounds and diseased areas of the skin heal very quickly.
- Most often Garra rufa are used just for massage. The feeling is defined as tingling or tickling. In the beginning the feeling is stronger, but decreases over time. Just imagine how great it will be to try this procedure after exhausting carpet cleaning.
- These fish make peeling of the skin by removing the dead layer of cells. You should not expect that your feet will become absolutely smooth with one procedure. But surely after the procedure the difference is noticeable – the skin becomes visibly soft and tender.
- There is also a healing effect – for psoriasis, acne, eczema.
- Improvement of blood circulation.
- Acupuncture points are stimulated.
- There is also relaxing action, calming influence on the nervous system. You will immediately forget the details around the deep spring sanitising.
- This process typically takes between 15 and 30 minutes. Initially the fish congregate around places where there is most dead skin. Then they pass on other areas. Feet must be clean and should not be smeared with creams and lotions, as in contact with them the fish die. Their cultivation is very difficult – they die from overeating or starvation. The water temperature must be at least 30 degrees.
Are you already curious to try this fashionable SPA procedure?