Who doesn’t love cherries? They are super sweet and there are some sour strains but they are all full of healthy nutrition. There are many scientific researches that have proven the health benefits cherries bring. They are in the group of superfoods, their deep red colour comes from the antioxidants that help lower cholesterol. You can make a delicious dessert or just mix them with yogurt. They are a great choice in the hot summer days. Here are some tips and recipes:
- Did you know that tart cherries can help you deal with insomnia? You can enjoy tart cherries all year round by drying or freezing them in the fridge. Frozen cherries keep most of their antioxidants.
- Dried cherries are great ingredient for a pie or fruit yogurt.
- Frozen cherries are so easy to prepare. Just take them out of the fridge and let them warm at a room temperature for half an hour and they are good to go.
- Cherries help cancer patients. The antioxidant rich pigment help reducing the free radicals in your body, which contributes to the reduction of cancer cells.
- Cherries are also very rich in potassium. This helps keeping the blood pressure normal.
- Cherries are perfect for weight loss. Although they are very sweet, a cup of cherries contains less than 100 calories. This makes them the perfect substitution of chocolate bars.
- Probably the only disadvantage of eating cherries is that their red pigment can do a lot of trouble. Removing stains from your clothes and furniture is a nightmare. When it comes to removing stains, you’d better turn to professional domestic cleaners.
- Other similar problem comes when you want to move out and there is there is this nasty stain on the carpet, which can be the reason why your landlord is reluctant to give you the entire deposit back. In this case consider hiring professional end of tenancy cleaners.
So, basically, no matter if you want to lose weight or you just want to make a tasty fruit yogurt, cherries are one of the best options.