Small kitchens go hand in hand with a lot of inconveniences caused by the lack of space but unfortunately, not everyone can afford it to live in a spacious house. If you are among those people who are trying to find a solution to the lack of space, you probably keep the kitchen appliances and furniture to the minimum. Even if you like a new sofa, you realize that you don’t have enough room for it and leave the store disappointed. Well, here are a few tips that will help you optimize the space and make the kitchen more functional.
- Reconsider the current design of your kitchen. The fewer bulky items you have, the more space you will save, not to mention that the post tenancy cleaning London will be way easier. Contrary to a popular belief, kitchen islands are not quite useful. In order to save space, you definitely need to exclude the kitchen island from the interior.
- If possible, install all cabinets on the wall. Many people say that they avoid the claustrophobic feeling by installing glass doors on their cabinets.
- If you intend to take up a renovation project, you should consider installing larger floor tiles. They create the feeling of more space, plus they are easy to clean and maintain. For optimal protection, you can place a carpet on the floor, but don’t forget that you will need professional carpet cleaning services London once or twice per year.
- You have to reconsider the painting as well. It is a well-known fact that bright colours and all shades of white in particular create the illusion of more space, while dark colours make every room look smaller.
- Get rid of appliances you don’t need. Clear out the kitchen from all unnecessary appliances such as old toasters, coffee makers, etc. If you live on your own and you don’t have a lot of dishes to wash, you can consider getting rid of the dishwasher.
Small kitchens are even more difficult to maintain than the spacious ones because you can hardly find room for all your stuff, so getting a kitchen organizer is a good idea. You have to be proactive and avoid placing stuff that do not belong to the kitchen area.