Repairs at home require to be finely organised, precisely handled and fulfilled entirely. All of these lead to the conclusion that you need a good plan. It will show you how to act – from A to B – and how to perform the entire DIY renovation project without even using professional services. And the most important part in every plan is, of course, its beginning. See what to start the repairs with, when it comes to the entire home and each premise:
– Establish the budget you can dispose of. You need to be aware of the amount of money you can invest in the entire project. Keep in mind that during the repairs you will probably go to the building store or the supermarket for different important things to provide. Such store visitations might destruct you and eventually you will forget how much money you are left with.
– No matter which room it is, always begin with the problem, not the aesthetic issue. If your bedroom walls are faded, paint them and then, get some new set of cabinets for your underwear. If your kitchen has cracked floor, begin with its restoration, but not with the adjustment of the new cooking system – house cleaners will sanitise your current oven and it will be ok!
– Keep the electrical and water repairs remote enough. It is better to start with the electrical issues, as a matter of fact. Thus, you will not get yourself the risk to burn your entire house!
– If there is no electrical repair plan, better begin with the unclogging the pipes and the sewerage system in both – the kitchen and the sanitary premises. Such repairs may cause serious decorative faults, so you can correct them later.
– If you live on rent, reach your landlord to inform him. In order to ensure your tenancy life, as well as your tenancy deposit, you can also take advantage of tenancy cleaning services. They are usually informed about the cleaning and repairing jobs you are obliged or permitted to do!
Remember these simple rules and apply them in your future home repairs, too! Good luck!